Sunday 2 June 2013

Etude House 55 Kissful Tint Chou review

Dear Beauty Diary,
I bought the Etude House 55 Kissful Tint Chou a few days ago. It was on sale, so i got it for $5.45 ($4.36 USD), which i think is very affordable for such a great lip tint. I got shade number 4, in Tangerine Chou. I got to know about this product after my favourite beauty guru, Bubzbeauty (<3), raved about it. Let me say this. This is one awesome lip tint.



I was so crazy over this lip tint, I hauled many of them, and most of them are new and unopened. I'm clearing my vanity drawer, so I'm letting go of one of these lip tints! Its again in Tangerine Chou, shade 4. Now that the sale is over, one lip tint costs $10.90 ($8.59 USD). I'll be selling it for $5.00 ($3.94 USD). Interested? Drop me a comment or email! Email is dearbeautydiary@gmail.com, or beautyandmysunglasses@gmail.com. You can visit my blogshop (beautyandmysunglasses3.blogspot) for more beauty products sales~

Moving on to the review. This tint is very watery, and the tube is quite hard to control, so too much product may come out at once. I think it is much easier to control if you apply a little tint to your finger first before gently dabbing and spreading it out on the lips. At first, the tint looked very very glossy (however, it does not contain shimmers) on my lips. After a minute or so, the tint settled in and left my lips stained with colour. It made my lips look so naturally flushed with colour. Of course, there was a slight sheen of glossiness on my lips, but after drinking some water, the gloss disappears. However, the colour remains for a good 3 hours.

Finding lip products that leave me with nice colourful lips is a chore for me, as lipsticks make my lips look artificial, and lip gloss is way too shimmery for my liking. So i sort of gave up on lip products and just wore tinted lip balm. But because Bubzbeauty raved about the Etude House lip tint, I decided that I must get it and try it for myself.

As for how moisturising this tint is, I don't have the answer for that. I have dry lips, so I cannot do without my Etude House lip balm. I always apply the balm first, followed by the tint. The tint actually penetrates through the balm and stains my lips well. I know many tints are not so good in this area. Plus points for that!

Oil content of Etude House 55 Kissful Tint Chou. Since its pretty oily, it should be quite moisturising.

The tint smells very strongly like a bubblegum and even tastes faintly like one too. Bubblegum fans may want to pick up one of these tints. ^_^

Oh, as for the colour, it is not tangerine. Its this bright pink yet natural colour on my lips. I know I sound contradictary, but it really looks very natural on me, even though it is a bright pink colour.

Swatch of the lip tint on paper.

Final thoughts, this lip tint makes me look so much more polished and awake. I really love it! Don't worry if this product is not available anymore, Etude House actually repackaged these cool little lip tints into their new Kissful Tint Chou, which has a cuter packaging. :)

No comments: